How your generosity makes a difference
14 April 2011
Thank you to everyone who made Sydney Twestival 2011 such a success.
It’s due to your amazing support and generosity that we were able to raise an incredible $16, 710. With this money, Redkite will be able to:
- Help three remarkable young people like Luke who have had cancer dare to dream with a Redkite scholarship.
- Reduce the pain and stress of cancer treatment for ten children like Andrew and Sue’s daughter through a music therapy session.
- Ensure four children can get to hospital for treatment by providing petrol vouchers to families dealing with the financial strain which often comes with a cancer diagnosis.
- Allow four parents, like Jane to take part in a telephone cancer support group with other parents, for a period of eight weeks.
- Alleviate the pressure on a family by paying an electricity bill like the one for $609 we recently received. Electricity bills often go up for families when they have a child with cancer as they need to regulate their child’s body temperatures.
- Ensure 10 children can keep up on school missed during lengthy treatment periods by providing education grants for tutoring.
- Support two families with the full range of Redkite’s support services for a year.
Be sure to check out Redkite’s thank-you slideshow here!
Thank you Sydney
29 March 2011
Wow. That’s just about the only word we can think of that accurately sums up the buzz, support and atmosphere of Sydney Twestival 2011.
We raised an incredible $16,710 (AUS) from ticket sales and initiatives on the night. All that cash has gone directly to Redkite and will enable the charity to improve the level of services offered to young people and their families as they battle with cancer.
On behalf of Redkite and the organising team, we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone that bought tickets, donated raffle and auction prizes, helped out on the night, provided us with a venue, sponsored the event, made donations big and small, and helped organise what was definitely a night to remember.
We've just posted some pics from the night on our Facebook page here. If you were there have a look and see if you can spot yourself. If you weren’t, we look forward to seeing you next year.
Sydney Twestival lucky door prizes!
22 March 2011
Over the past few weeks the Sydney Twestival team has been working hard to secure as many fantastic items donated as possible. And, not to toot our own horn, we’ve done pretty darn well!
Here’s an overview of some of the brilliant items you’ll be able to win for on the night – all the while raising money for the fantastic Redkite:
What will you be hoping for?